Thursday, April 7, 2011

registers

One small oversight in ductwork planning was the geometry of the underfloor space at the register outlets. I planned on having the ductwork bend upward and come straight up to the register outlets along the perimeter walls. I failed to realize the part of the floor adjacent to the exterior walls is actually located over the foundation wall, and the ductwork needed to come in at an angle.


I have already purchased the round pipe to 2-1/4x12 rectangular adapters, shown in purple. These are straight fittings, so the input round pipe and output rectangular pipe are in a straight line. I now need to fabricate the rectangular bends, shown in red, to connect from my supply lines to the baseboard registers. I'm also considering making the red bends curved rather than a sharp angle. If it can be fabricated without much trouble, it may improve airflow a bit.

The floorjoist on the left, shown with a single diagonal line, is the closest joist to a register outlet in the whole house, it's only at one location. I put it there to be sure my configuration would work at this tightest spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment